Windmill
The nearly thousand years old village (first mentioned in the census in the 10th century) is best known for its windmill of the same name, the only 8-sailed example of its type still standing in the UK and all of Europe. The tower windmill was built as a five-sailed mill in 1830 and turned into an eight-sailed mill after serious storm damages in 1890/2. It was formerly (and sometimes still today) named Pocklington's Mill after her last owner John Pocklington. It has recently undergone two major refurbishments in 1986 and in 2004 and has been fully working since and it is now open to the public.


Heckington's St. Andrew's Church
The old St. Andrew's church has a variety of original stained glass windows, one of which depicting the construction of the building itself. It was built during the 14th century. The Methodist Church was built in 1904 by the architect Albert Edward Lambert.

Image courtesy of Wendy Parkinson (www.wparkinson.com)

Also the Heckington Show is held annually in the village over the last weekend in July since 1864. The village has a 900-year-tradition of holding festive weekends.



Website Designed by Christopher Bunce Photography